Sunday, January 8, 2017

Trends

Trends. You all know what I'm talking about. Dabbing, whipping, etc. And don't be going all:
Oh, Dessie, that was 2016! It's hype 2017, turn down for what!
I don't care. It is still a trend. All (most) of you saw youtube rewind. They had trends. And some of those trends are still 'relevant' today. And for some people, (*cough cough* my brother) they will stay relevant for a long time. A new year doesn't mean that you have to chuck everything relevant out the window and start anew. You can take the things (trends) you have and make new ones.
But Dessie, there are no more trends, now that Vine is dead. Vine was the only place trends could be made. 
And to that I respond with, THAT'S NOT TRUE. Some platform of social media "dying" doesn't mean that there are no 'trends' anymore. That just means that some trends come and go. Vine was a trend. You Tube is a trend. Blogging is a trend. Some trends come and go, or stay for awhile and come back later.
That's a load of hooey. Trends can't come back. Trends have to be relevant. Take pokemon go. For a few months, people liked it, it was relevant. Once it got boring, it ain't relevant no more.
Oh, sweet innocent reader, you are wrong. Trends depend on the person. I was (And still am) not into "dabbing" or "whipping" or "nay-naying" or any of that. But they were still trends. For example, my brother still loves pokemon go. Sure, it is not relevant (or a trend) anymore, but it is still relevant for him. Take my friend. People say that dabbing was "So last year ago" and it's not relevant anymore. Well, for my friend, dabbing is still relevant. You see what I mean?
DID YOU JUST MOCK ME WITH YOUR PINK TONE OF VOICE BECAUSE I'M PURPLE?! Also, I totally don't care. Trends are only relevant when everybody's doing it. 
Fine, whatever. You can think that. I still hate trends. And your mockery can't change it. 
Well, now that Vine is dead, and music.ly is the only thing like Vine, and music.ly is dying, what will happen now? There will only be Snapchat and Snapchat rip-off!
You mean Instagram? 
I guess.
Think what you want. Whatever will happen happens for a reason. Well, that's all I have to say. Tune in tomorrow for another post!

Current mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment